Protected: Are you our new Engagement Officer?
Published November 18, 2017
EAT Foundation is a small organization with an outsized impact that is playing a central role in placing food, health and sustainability on the international agenda. We’re growing rapidly and we’re now looking for an Engagement Officer to support EAT’s Engagement activities, including the organization of multi-stakeholder events such as the annual EAT Stockholm Food Forum, regional forums and events at the United Nations.
As the Engagement Officer (EO), you will be part of the EAT Engagement & Communications team. The team is responsible for EAT’s strategic engagements and brand and communications management, leading and coordinating EAT’s flagship events, supporting the organization’s program and advocacy activities, disseminating research findings, and inspiring key stakeholders to partner with and advance EAT’s work.
- Co-ordinate planning and execution of multiple key events and engagement activities of varying size simultaneously, including EAT’s flagship event the EAT Stockholm Food Forum
- Assist in communicating and upholding project timelines and priorities
- Research, identify and liaise with high-level speakers and delegates
- Assist with the development of marketing, communication and social media outreach plans
- Produce written material including briefs, bios, programs, invitations, newsletters and digital communication content
- Build and maintain effective working and collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Recruit and manage support teams
- Minimum bachelor’s degree or equivalent, with strong academic records
- Minimum three years’ relevant work experience
- Demonstrated ability to operationalize plans and provide logistical support during production
- Ability to liaise with dignitaries, government officials, business leaders and other high-level stakeholders in a professional manner
- Strong organizational, teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Self-reliant, problem solver, detail oriented, structured and disciplined
- Analytical skills and the ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills, with the ability to provide relevant information to external and internal stakeholders
- Excellent oral and written English is essential. Additional languages a distinct advantage
- Passion for EAT´s mission
Terms of Employment
The position is full-time. Start date is as early as possible. The position would be based at EAT’s headquarters in Oslo, and would report to the Director of Global Engagement and Communications. Some international travel will be required.
EAT can offer a rewarding, international, dynamic working environment and the opportunity to play a role in building a healthy, equitable and sustainable global food system.
EAT is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for all employees.
EAT is an international non-profit organization established by the Stordalen Foundation, Wellcome Trust and the Stockholm Resilience Centre. The vision of EAT is a future where healthy and sustainable food is affordable, attractive and accessible to all.
We are a strategic platform whose mission is to engage the key stakeholders of the food system to find common solutions to the challenge of sustainably feeding a healthy population of over nine billion people by mid-Century.
EAT has rapidly grown since its inception in 2013 and has expanded its scope, reach and resources, building from a narrative-setting initiative, to a global platform catalyzing change, enabling cross-sectoral collaborations, initiating research, structuring programmatic work and fostering trust between stakeholders.
How to apply
Application deadline is Dec. 8th, however we reserve the right to close the position before the deadline if a suitable candidate is found.
For additional information on the position, please contact Marianne Stigset, Director of Global Engagement & Communications: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, send a CV and cover letter in English to email@example.com . Please mark the application clearly with “Engagement Officer”.